Who Influenced Your Healthy Eating Habits?
On my website, you will notice on the "About Me" page, I give credit to a holistic doctor as the person that placed my feet on a healthy eating journey six years ago. But, when I think further back in my life, It is clear that my healthy eating habits and lifestyles were actually shaped by my best friend, my wonderful and loving mother,
Although she struggled with her own weight issues, she was always learning healthier dietary and lifestyle habits that she would pass on to her family. I remember her preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner in the healthiest way she knew possible. Our meals were devoid of fried foods before it became popular to do so. We were encouraged to take supplements at a time when only a few of these companies existed. Twice in my young life she sought help from a holistic practitioners to obtain a remedy for my health issues. Both times their suggestions were successful in helping me overcome those issues, one being Asthma. So to my loving mother, thank you for your guidance and support on this health journey. You were instrumental in making my Whole Healthy Living dream a reality.
Share with us who helped shape your healthy eating habits.
My mom loves pizza, so she tried her hand at Cauliflower Crust Pizza. She said it was delicious! Her is the recipe used:
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
📷Prep: 15 min; Cook: 30 min
Recipe By:Alli Shircliff-Courtesy of Allrecipes
Serve with your favorite sauce and toppings."
· 1/2 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped (yields 1-3 cups riced)
· 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
· ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
· ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
· salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Place cauliflower pieces through the feeding tube of the food processor using the grating blade; pulse until all the cauliflower is shredded.
2. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cooled, about 15 minutes.(If you want a crisper crust, squeeze excess water from riced cauliflower after it cools.
3. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
4. Stir cheese blend, parsley, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper into cauliflower until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; press and shape into a pizza crust.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
6. Make pizza as usual using toppings of your choice. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.