I had one of my members; my mom, inquiring about the recipe for the riced cauliflower. The one I had on my tuna salad was purchased from Zoe's Kitchen, but I was able to find a copycat recipe online that was delicious.
You "rice' your own cauliflower by using a large hole cheese grater. Make sure you take the cauliflower after you have riced it and place on a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture.
I use a different method, I think it's easier. I break up my cauliflower florets and place in a small electric chopper. Be careful not to grind it up to fine.
If you don't want to grate or chop your own, you can purchase already riced cauliflower. I don't recommend prepacked riced cauliflower, because to give it shelf life they have to added ingredients, including sodium.
Fresh whole foods is best!
COPYCAT ZOE’S KITCHEN CAULIFLOWER RICE
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 2
This deliciously flavorful copycat Zoe’s Kitchen cauliflower rice recipe is made with fresh parsley and mint and a squeeze of tangy lemon juice. Serve it with everything from grilled chicken to roasted salmon or black beans for a nutritious and vegetable-packed meal.
· 4 cups riced cauliflower
· 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (plus more to taste)
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon pepper
· 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
· 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
· 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
· juice of 1/2 large lemon
1. Drizzle a large pan with olive oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Add the riced cauliflower, salt and pepper and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about five minutes.
2. Add fresh parsley, mint and green onion and stir. Cook for an additional minute. Remove from head and toss with fresh lemon juice.
3. Drizzle with additional olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or chilled.
This recipe goes fast in our house as the cauliflower tends to cook down a bit so I prefer to double it!
While flavorful enough on its own, I like this recipe best as the base of a veggie-packed bowl topped with feta cheese, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and shredded chicken or black beans.